Slight pain on my implant when chewing, what's going on?

Hi all,

Just got my dental implant crown screwed on on the 15th July. The first day, I experienced some tightness between the crown and my premolar. The next day, the tightness is gone, and everything was fine. However, on the 3rd day evening time, I experienced some pain whenever I'm eating. It's not that painful but noticeable. I tried using my finger to press down in the implant crown but it doesn't hurt that way but it does hurts a little whenever I chew food with it.

I currently have a temporary filling on for this implant crown, the dentist will fill it with composite filling on my next visit if everything is okay with the crown.

Anyone ever experience the same thing? Not sure what's going on.

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
It might be that the implant crown is too high. I suggest making an earlier appointment with your dentist to check the occlusion on the crown. Any excessive forces around an implant, might result in bone loss

Vote:
It might be that the implant crown is too high. I suggest making an earlier appointment with your dentist to check the occlusion on the crown. Any excessive forces around an implant, might result in bone loss
I'm going back to the dentist today. Not too sure if it's the height of the crown. When I floss between the crown and my pre-molar, it hurts. But it doesn't hurt when I floss between the crown and my second molar.

Vote:
Better to have a clinical look, I agree. Might be impinging on some soft tissue as well
Just came back from the dentist. Dentist mentioned that it's my premolar that's hurting whenever I chew. I ate some really tough cracker few days back, dentist say that I could have hurt my tooth ligament. She say the implant seems fine. She took out the temporary filling in the implant crown and replaced it with a composite filling. It feels alot better now. Not sure if the temporary filling could make it hurt. She say to give that tooth a rest for a week and don't chew anything too hard on it and see how it goes.

Vote:

Ask a Question