Should i worry?

aqz

Solutions
Hi doc,
Ive had this lesion for over 6 months as far as i have been aware. Its not painful and does not bother me. I do get geographic tongue that can get irritated from time to time. Ive have anxiety over this but however have been overcoming it. And now its just on my mind again. It hasnt grown in size and is the same as when i first noticed it over 6 months ago. I have been to few dentists and my gp whom dont seem concerned and said its prib due to me smoking. Also i have alopecia so doc said it could be lichen as that is also an auto immune response. I also had mild crohns few years ago which has now gone. So we dont know why i had inflammation in the intestines. Sorry to go on, i hope you can put my mind at some sort of ease. I am a panicky person when it comes to health, which means i will always think the worst. Look forward to a response.

Kind regards

Attachments

• 20180926_202435.jpg
    20180926_202435.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 347

aqz

Solutions
In the uk being refered can take months and i just dont have the patience. I know i need to go docs but just need to find the courage because at the moment my life is a nightmare.

Vote:

aqz

Solutions
@honestdoc hi doc, i just wanted a little insight today it looks like this these white specs over it which do rub off after food and drink.i havnt hardly ate anything today it looks less red and pronounced when not eating. Just wondered if thats odd?

Attachments

• 20181003_014006.jpg
    20181003_014006.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 207

Vote:

aqz

Solutions
@honestdoc hi doc, just wanted to update you i had an appointment with my doctor she said it does not sinister and prescribed me hydrocortisone buccal tablets to be dissolved/sucked in that area. She did make a intresting observation asked if i wore braces as a child. I did wear a retainer when younger which was moulded around hard palate. She said it could be scar tissue from that? As ive never had symptoms and only discovered by chance could this be a possibility? Look forward to your insight.

Vote:

Ask a Question