Sensitive tooth

I was eating a seeded bread roll yesterday and a very hard seed hit my back molar causing great pain. I can't see any crack in the tooth but it is very painful to bite on. The tooth is filled. Will this go away in time? It does not ache all this time only when I bite I it.

It may due to the decay around the edges of filling.As you get older, fillings can weaken and fracture or leak around the edges. It’s easy for bacteria to accumulate in these tiny crevices, which causes acid build-up and eroding of enamel.Immediately consult a dentist without any further delays.

Vote:
Ouch, sounds painful. Are you sure that the seed is not lodged in there? I've had a few patients before have similar problems with things like raspberry and rye bread seeds, they get lodged in between teeth or near the gums and cause swelling and pain. Even after the seed is removed, there can still be some tenderness and discomfort. I do suggest seeing a dentist if the pain continues more than a couple days.

Vote:
Receding gums can be caused by conditions such as gum disease, which can expose the tooth's dentine and cause sensitivity. Brushing too vigorously can also cause receding gums.

Vote:
Due to accumulation of cavities or tooth decaying the pain may have been there, it is better to get the problem rectified under the observation of a good dentist, So that following pain issue can be resolved well on time, else it may lead to other health issue

Vote:
I suggest you use desensitizing toothpaste. I love Organic Dentifrice toothpaste by Shaklee. The toothpaste is made of eggshells and water. Organic Dentifrice toothpaste is completely natural and won't harm your teeth. It doesn't have the harsh ingredients that many name brand toothpastes do...

Vote:
I think minor cracks on teeth can not be easily visible itself,
you must visit experienced dentist to check it very clearly,
then may be if there is any minor crack it can be found and you can get better solution to overcome from it.

Vote:
Some tooth fractures can be very difficult to see. You should visit a dentist who will take an x-ray and do a clinical exam. You will then be given treatment options that can get you out of pain. If your tooth is fractured, an inlay, onlay, or crown may be recommended.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vote:

Ask a Question