Root canal with funny feeling

Hi everyone!
I had a root canal done about 5 years ago on one of my front teeth (I hit my front teeth when I was younger and they became extremely sore, I had the other one done a few years before this one)
The first dentist did not do the root canal properly, and so I was referred to an endodontist who did it all over again and said that everything looked great. I did tell him that I have some kind of feeling in the tooth that is unlike the other front tooth that was already done. I still have it now about 1 and a half years on. He said that it's totally fine and the xray looks good.

My question is, is this feeling normal? It's not painful at all, it just feel 'funny' and I don't notice it all the time it's maybe once every week or two for an hour or so. The more I touch it, the more noticeable it becomes to me. I don't feel anything when I eat and I don't notice hot or cold.
Also, would the xray definitely show up if there were any other problems? Should I get another opinion?

My regular dentist also said that I will probably lose these teeth within the next 10 years. I don't want to lose the teeth and I understand that they will be more brittle and the root is gone, but they feel quite strong and in place right now... will I definitely lose them? Is there anything I can do to try and keep them as long as possible?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much.

It is hard to say if it is all fine with your teeth, but if the dentist is saying so you should trust him, even because, a part from the "funny" feeling, it is not causing you pain or problems.
It is not for sure that you will lose these teeth in the next 10 years. It has been said and observed in dentistry that once a tooth starts having problems it will end up being pulled out. And I believe that is what you dentist is trying to say, but that doesn't happen 100% of the time. If you take good care of your teeth they could stick around for way longer than 10 years. I have personally witnessed teeth remaining in the mouth for over 40 years after root canal was done.

Best of luck,
Bert

Vote:

Ask a Question