Replacing all of my teeth?

Hi everyone.

I’m 29 and I really hate all of my teeth. They are horrible. I would love to have them all removed and replaced. Am I dreaming? Would it cost like £40,000? Is there nothing I can do? I hide my smile and my laugh. It is so depressing.

Thank you.

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Good day

It is difficult to give an opinion without any idea of how your teeth looks like. Removing your teeth should always be the last resort.
Visit your local dentist, so that a comprehensive treatment plan can be worked out. It might not be as bad as you think.

Vote:
Good day

It is difficult to give an opinion without any idea of how your teeth looks like. Removing your teeth should always be the last resort.
Visit your local dentist, so that a comprehensive treatment plan can be worked out. It might not be as bad as you think.

I think it will be bad. They are not straight at all, they are stained, yellow, worn away in places probably at the back. They wouldn’t just be able to stick two veneers on my front teeth because the rest would still look messed up. I don’t see what the options are.

Vote:

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
The best option is still to go and see your dentist for a comprehensive treatment plan. This might include some extractions some orthodontics or crowns, but in the end, if you extract all your teeth without looking at alternatives, they will be gone forever

Vote:
The best option is still to go and see your dentist for a comprehensive treatment plan. This might include some extractions some orthodontics or crowns, but in the end, if you extract all your teeth without looking at alternatives, they will be gone forever

I’d love them to be gone forever. I’ve seen videos on YouTube who have had a full extraction and replaced with full fixed dentures and they are so emotional and feel like they have a brand new start. That is exactly what I want/need.

Vote:

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
If you extract all your teeth, and have immediate implants made, you will have to go a while without having any teeth, while you wait for osseointegration to take place. During this time, you will have to maybe wear removable dentures until the final prostheses can be made.
Before all this, a consult with you dentist will be required however, to determine the condition of your teeth, as well as the supporting bone. In some cases there is not enough bone to place any or enough implants to support the prosthesis.
The dentist will refer you to an oral surgeon, who might give you a better idea of what the costs will entail.

Vote:

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Unless your teeth are determined to be absolute crap, an ethical dentist wouldn't offer to extract them. Nothing in dentistry is without risk or guaranteed for life. Any photos or Xrays to show us?
f you're not comfortable with the suggestions made by your local dentist, get a referral for a prosthodontist for a high-end opinion.

Vote:

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Why worry about what it would entail or cost if you don't want to show photos? Opinions are free here, but with only your self-opinion, maybe they're not that bad.

Vote:
7D1B8749-F18C-4DBD-9E3D-4472B506A839.jpeg

here you go.

Vote:

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
And you think that's bad?!
  1. So, your teeth are relatively well-aligned, so braces to straighten the lower front teeth is optional.
  2. The general underlying colour of your teeth is average, e;g; A2 or A3. That could be lightened by bleaching if you want the Hollywood smile (the left 3 colours) but again, optional.
  3. You have widespread fluorosis with lots of white and some brown "blotches".
  4. Brown marks can usually be lessened significantly with dentist application of phosphoric acid and pumice. Maybe take 40mins.
  5. But the white marks are embedded in the outer layer of your teeth and can only be removed by sanding down or drilling out. Since there is so much coverage, I usually only do the most obvious ones on the upper front teeth, otherwise you'll never know when to stop it.
  6. Some composite veneering of the upper teeth might help too. You can't usually do the lower teeth so easily because of the way the teeth come together when you bite.
  7. Top-level treatment would be to go to a prosthodontist and discuss ceramic veneers. Very costly and would require significant damage to your teeth.

Vote:
And you think that's bad?!
  1. So, your teeth are relatively well-aligned, so braces to straighten the lower front teeth is optional.
  2. The general underlying colour of your teeth is average, e;g; A2 or A3. That could be lightened by bleaching if you want the Hollywood smile (the left 3 colours) but again, optional.
  3. You have widespread fluorosis with lots of white and some brown "blotches".
  4. Brown marks can usually be lessened significantly with dentist application of phosphoric acid and pumice. Maybe take 40mins.
  5. But the white marks are embedded in the outer layer of your teeth and can only be removed by sanding down or drilling out. Since there is so much coverage, I usually only do the most obvious ones on the upper front teeth, otherwise you'll never know when to stop it.
  6. Some composite veneering of the upper teeth might help too. You can't usually do the lower teeth so easily because of the way the teeth come together when you bite.
  7. Top-level treatment would be to go to a prosthodontist and discuss ceramic veneers. Very costly and would require significant damage to your teeth.

Yes I do think they’re bad. They’re horrible. How much are we talking for what you said?

Vote:

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Well, 4. and 5. would probably go a long way to making you feel more happy, and would be my starting point for you. That should be achievable with a simple savings plan by cutting out a drink at the pub, a coffee, or a cake, ... Start putting some money in a piggy bank. Good luck.

Vote:
I don’t think I have planned to? I just said that’s what I would like, to have them all replaced. Then I asked how realistic it would be, because I have no idea how much it would cost.
Well i had just my top teeth removed all of them and had the all on 4 bolted down to my jaw bone . Cost me 35,000 dollars and an extremely happy

Vote:

Ask a Question