Price scam?

I just left the dentists office with these quotes. I have a dhmo plan so i understand they dont cover everything but im having trouble understanding if they cover anything at all after looking at this. These prices seems atronomical. Thoughts?

Attachments

• 1B7FF115-315C-40CE-9644-FE9573C61291.png
    1B7FF115-315C-40CE-9644-FE9573C61291.png
    669.3 KB · Views: 358

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
That fee schedule is consistent to my area in the Pacific NW. I hear you, health & dental care in the US is ridiculous. For example, I have a high deductible insurance and needed to bring my daughter to get her ear wax cleaned. It took 3 visits to barely remove enough wax to see her ear drum (not all of the wax were cleaned). I needed to pay $850 for all 3 visits...yes I talked with the clinic mgr and the fee is appropriate. The US is already experiencing a healthcare crisis where the fees are astronomical, new grad doctors and dentists are owing more than $400k in student loans, solo medical and dental practices are not sustainable due to high overhead costs, and health and dental insurance premiums are going up while benefits and quality are going down.

Vote:

Ask a Question