Phobia of dentist and stains on teeth

Hi,

im 24 years old and have light to medium stains on my front teeth.

I smoke and drink tea.

I am really reluctant to go to the dentist as they scare the crap out of me,
I did have a check up a year ago and other to a scale and polish my teeth was perfect.

when I was there I nearly passed out on a check up, this is because I had a bad childhood with the dentist.

My question is how do I remove the stains at home ?

Do they uv light kits work ?

does stopping smoking make removal easier ?

does bicarbonate soda actually work?

Is there anything anyone can recommend on what to do?

I have posted this for advice and what's worked for other people, so no nasty comments as being a wimp ect

many thanks in advance

J

Teeth whitening procedure which we do at home give good results but it will not give 100% results. You cannot expect complete result in it.
You should try to reduce your addiction of alcohol and smoking. It will reduce yellow color of your teeth.

Vote:
Stop smoking as soon as possible! nicotine stains are truly hard to get rid off. Habit of eating junk foods and drinking carbonated drinks/aerated waters gradually causes eroding of enamels.At,every morning start flossing after brushing your teeth.Rinse properly after each meal. Now a days, some non sugary chewing gums are recommended by the new aged dentists which helps to retain the whiteness of teeth and also helps to restrain oneself from smoking to some extent. If your teeth really looks ugly, then you should opt for flawless and long lasting teeth whitening in some renowned dental clinic in your vicinity and should obey the instructions of your dentist henceforth.

Vote:
I personally recommend whitening pens, they're just so convenient, then a gentle whitening toothpaste to compliment that. It's tough that your afraid of the dentist as the scale and polish is the best option, perhaps visit a dental hygienist in a private clinic, they're much more relaxed and patient friendly I've found.

Vote:
I hear you about being scared of the Dentist , I was the worlds biggest baby , so much so my Dentist told me he has never seen anyone so scared , but for some reason I did a 180 , now I look for reasons to go , I just love going , first you need to stop that smoking thing , I tried to stop for 40 years , the thought of cancer or a heart attack was not a good enough reason for me to stop , what got me to stop was after I had Zoom done , the difference in my teeth was so shocking I instantly quit smoking

Vote:
You don't need to fear dear!! teeth whitening procedures are mostly painless and also are done without using any injections. You can always consult other dental clinics to know what they had to offer to you and which helps to ease out your phobia as well.

Vote:

Ask a Question