Odontophobia need advice

Hi all. This is becoming an embarrrasing situation for me now and I have been in denial over my phobia and teeth decay since I was 14. Ill save you the back story and fluff but I developed odontophobia from a young age and never had a bad experience to trigger it but it still developed.

These are today's pics of my teeth. Sorry if this makes you cringe I am completely mortified it has gone this far.

I am unable to brush my teeth more than once per week. I have to force myself to do it and I have to use a very soft brush with my eyes closed.

I am able however to use mouthwash everyday 3 times per day.

Can I get some kind of feedback about my current situation. What would happen if I somehow managed to get to a dentist?

I have no pain in my jaw or gums but they do bleed when I brush. The big broken area is a result of opening a bottle with my teeth when I was 16 and breaking that tooth. It has developed into what it is today.

I am 34 years old if that helps.

Thanks
Jumbo

Attachments

• IMG_7895.JPG
    IMG_7895.JPG
    124.7 KB · Views: 311
  • IMG_7899.JPG
    IMG_7899.JPG
    92.5 KB · Views: 264

Ask a Question