Pain around upper left 1st molar and 2nd pre molar

Hi,
I started suffering a dull ache somewhere around the upper 1st molar and 2nd pre molar in early September.
The pain was a very dull ache which came and went through the day but was normally most prominent in the afternoon.
Once my head hit the pillow the pain went and allowed me to sleep.
Then a couple of weeks later the pain became more of a throbbing pain which again came and went.
I went to see my dentist and he took X-rays and said nothing was wrong and it could be sinus related.
I then went to my doctor and got various nasal sprays and even took a couple of courses of antibiotics which did nothing.
Early November I went back to my dentist as the dull ache was starting to affect my life.
The dentist then compared a new and old x-ray and said he thinks there is a slight crack in the root of my 1st molar and this is probably causing the pain. The only solution was extraction which I did.
2 weeks later the pain from extraction has gone and the dull ache is still there!
I was referred to the Liverpool dentistry hospital who did a standard X-ray and a 360 X-ray which both highlighted no issues.
They also did some checks for TMJ but found nothing.
It is now mid December and I am still suffering with this dull ache which is distracting me from every day life.
Over the counter pain relief does not seem to do anything nor do antibiotics.
My second pre molar is a root canal tooth and the pain seems to come from/above that area, however the pain can spread across my jaw and up the left hand side of my head.
Since my 1st molar extraction my 2nd pre molar is sore to eat hard food on which I’m not sure is down to the fact there is now a massive gap next to it or if it has a problem?
I’m now waiting on referral appointments for various scans to check sinuses and for Facial migraines but this could take 6 months.
Last night I had the throbbing pain when I went to bed and it was very focused above my upper left molar teeth and all around my left eye.
The pain eventually went about 4 in the morning but I’m not sure how much longer I can continue with this pain.
Can anybody help?

Ask a Question