Pain after new filling put in

Hello, during my routine cleaning and dental check, I was told two of the fillings needed to be replaced. A month after the new fillings were put in, the tooth is still extremely sensitive to cold and hot. Pain is extreme even on contact with room temperature water from the tap. Dentist did a 'bite adjust' twice. Did not help. His latest suggestion is to remove the fillings and put in some temporary filler of some sort.

Any advice? Thanks.

Pain after filling

If a filling is deep, then a liner or base is applied on it and then filling is put over it. Filling must be very close to the nerve that's why it must be causing pain. If filling is quite deep, then You may require root canal treatment for it. Liner and base is given in case of deep fillings to provide protection.

Vote:
Thanks for the reply and article. Dentist did say it was not a deep filling. From the article, it may be due to polymerization shrinkage tugging at the tooth.

Vote:
Hi

Dear JZDP,

I would suggest you first scrap your dentist and go consult a good dental surgeon even if he charges more. Have the fillings removed, opt for laser therapy. That should do better! And be careful next time, for such screw ups may result in irreparable dental fractures!

Vote:
Hello, during my routine cleaning and dental check, I was told two of the fillings needed to be replaced. A month after the new fillings were put in, the tooth is still extremely sensitive to cold and hot. Pain is extreme even on contact with room temperature water from the tap. Dentist did a 'bite adjust' twice. Did not help. His latest suggestion is to remove the fillings and put in some temporary filler of some sort.

Any advice? Thanks.
After root canal treatment ie after removing the pus or wastes inside the tooth,doctor fills with some materials. Mostly after filling you could not feel pain, but you have to put a cap on the tooth treated.
I have undergone this treatment and fitted a cap, now, no pain and dust.

Vote:

Ask a Question