No wisdom in extraction

On April 3 I had my two wisdom teeth pulled out on my right side. The top extraction has no complications and is in the appropriate healing stage. As for the bottom tooth, this on was slanted in my mouth and was sawed out. The tooth came out in pieces.
When I got home I looked at the extraction site and noticed a white pointy object below the bottom wisdom tooth's pervious location. I assumed it was just a stitch at first.
The next day I looked at it again because I was feeling some sharp rubbing my tongue. I inspected the pointy piece and assumed It was a piece of the tooth that was left behind. I finally got to get back to the dentist today and he told me that it was bone that had fractured and poked through the gum. The doc cut the bone and now I'm feeling relief from the pointy object but I'm wandering how will the second hole on the side of my gum about as big as a pencil eraser is going to heal. There is a stitch over the bone but the bone is slanted and a blood clot is on the side of my gum. Will the heal back to normal?

The human body is an amazing thing. It is not unusual to have bone chips after an extraction, but most people heal with no complications. Having a suture over the extraction will help. If you do notice anything that seems unusual you can schedule a follow up appointment.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vote:

Ask a Question