My wisdom tooth extraction was an absolute disaster (took 7 hours total)

Friday morning I left for my second set of wisdom teeth removal. The teeth were positioned exactly like the other set so I expected no problems. The bottom one (most difficult) came out fine. The top one didn’t. After an hour of trying there was a pool of blood on the floor. The dentist took an X ray and it revealed that my wisdom tooth was pushed into my nasal cavity, lying horizontally on top of the roots of the M2 and M1. I was panicking hard.

Was sent to the hospital immediately. Waited for 3 hours there in panic and with the biggest swelling you’ve ever seen until a surgeon saw me. This surgery took about 2 hours. The surgeons constantly told each other they couldn't get it out etc so I was very afraid. Eventually they had to make the hole in my jaw bigger to get it out. It was done under local anaesthesia because it has the least risks. It were the worst 2 hours of my life. By the time they pulled the tooth out my local anaesthesia was about 3 hours ago and I felt pain, but I was euphoric that they even managed to get it out. Afterwards they sutured the hole(s) between my mouth and nasal cavity.

My cheek was and is insanely swollen, insanely. My entire mouth is crooked. I got preventative antibiotics and I just have to hope and pray it doesn’t get infected and that it heals.

I'm 22 years old, I think my dentist should've waited with the top teeth, they didn't look problematic and perhaps they would've come down more, oh well.
upload_2019-3-3_13-27-59.gif

Attachments

• eKyOs36.jpg
    eKyOs36.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 266
  • 6eboKvC.jpg
    6eboKvC.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 280
Last edited:

Ask a Question