New Crown on the Post

Hello,

After a hard bite, the crown became loose and the crown with the attached post fell out.

Now, there is nothing left of the tooth above the gum line.

The original crown was placed 12 years ago after the root canals treatment.

My question: is it possible to place another post with the new crown if the root is in good condition, without a crack?

Did anybody have this done?

3-D X-ray is scheduled for next week. I am trying to educate myself about different possible options before my appointment.

Thank you

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
It is an option if there is enough sound tooth structure left, to create adequate ferrule effect or ''hold''.
If there is not enough sound tooth structure left, extraction might need to be considered.

Vote:

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
This is a new technique and has various benefits as can be found in the literature. Especially when looking at preserving buccal bone.
This is a good technique to consider, but then the implant has to be placed with someone familiar with the technique. I would avoid seeing a general dentist and rather go and see a periodontist , in order to place the implant

Vote:

Ask a Question