Maryland bridge Sudden Sensitivity (with Images)

FullSizeRender.jpg
IMG_3092.JPG
I woke up one morning to severe tooth sensitivity one morning that disappears after 30 minutes when I wake up. Some days there is no pain at all. Mostly it is only when I'm drinking very cold water, or walking outside in the very cold weather. It is not sensitive to air or warm liquid, or to chewing.

It is a porcelain bridge installed in 2012. Both roots are live. Only the Right front tooth has pain.

Solutions
I think you're grinding at night. Go to the dentist and get a night guard made. If that helps then problem solved, if it continues then you have to look at other options.

By the way your teeth look really nice and very natural. They have done a nice cosmetic job.

Vote:

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
It appears to be a standard PFM cantilever bridge, not a Marylands bridge. Just because both roots were live when the bridge was placed doesn't mean they are still alive, although the sensitivity suggests it is alive but irritated. Get to the dentist to check it out.

Vote:

Ask a Question