Lots of gaps after braces where removed? What should i do?

I had my braces removed after wearing them for more than 3 yrs. Right around the time when they were about to remove them, I noticed gaps, told them & was told that they will come together after a month of wearing my retainers. It’s now been 8 months and I only fear that it’s going to get worse. I'm no expert but I've tried my best to explain where they are...
- gap (small black line) between Maxillary Central Incisors
- gap (small black line) between Maxillary Central Incisor & Maxillary Lateral Incisor
- Black triangular gap between Maxillary Lateral Incisor & Maxillary Canine
- 1mm gap between both Maxillary Canine & Maxillary First Premolar
- 1mm gap between Mandibular First Molar & Mandibular Second Molar
(had IPR to have a band fit. Now I get a fowl stench & taste when I don’t remove food that gets lodged in) EWW!
I know that these gaps may seem minor but it isn't to me. It wasn't only very expensive to get them done but it’s also been irritating my gums (where theres space) & it has made me more self-conscious then before I had any work done.
***I also had 4 extractions due to crowding and an over-bite; I feel like they had better options (like using IPR) but they just took the fastest & easiest way out. I feel like it was their mistake and they should've calculated if that was going to be an issue. Now my ortho said that I need bondings and I need to pay it out of my pocket!! :mad:

Last edited:

Ask a Question