Long term periapical periodontitis HELP

Hi. New member here.

I was recently diagnosed with
long term periapical periodontitis on the lower inscisor tooth #31. The dentist has performed two procedures. 1st was grinding the tooth lower to be inline with my biteline & then opening the tooth and removing yellow pulp & then injecting medicine into the tooth. On the 2nd appointment a few weeks later he did the same thing. When I was about to leave I asked about weather I could save the tooth through nutritional changes or LANAP. He then said the tooth is only on the gum and biting hard on a pizza crust could totally rip out the tooth - and the bone is also gone & there is no hope, but he still insists on follow up appointments to redo the same process i.e cleaning out the tooth & injecting medicine.

Procedure(23.01.2023):SAA01;Oral examination, narrow Tooth: d 31;
Procedure (23.01.2023): EB1AA; Dental X-ray Tooth: d 31;
Procedure(23.01.2023):WX110;Infiltration anesthesia Tooth: d 31;
Procedure (23.01.2023): SGA01; Emergency tooth opening Tooth: d 31;
d31 HF picture, the tooth is intact, it wobbles and the bone around the root has melted, the old fistula is buccally open, dg. occlusion traumatica, trees. the tooth is shortened and the pulp is opened, NaOCl 3%, Biocalc, Kavit, extension. The prognosis is poor. Patient informed.
2nd appointment
d 31: Medicine in the root canal; Occlusal surface of the tooth; Filling in the tooth, Material intended for temporary use;
SGC00;Medical treatment of root canals Tooth: d 31;
d31 drug exchange, NaOCl 3% Biocalc, Kavit

The two pics are new & old.
The black spot on tooth #31 on the left photo is where he says the bone is gone.
- its the skew looking tooth.
You can see the old photo on the right - from 2012 how the teeth have changed since then.

Is there any hope for saving my tooth & what would be the best solution? or is this too late for help? or must they just pull the tooth?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Attachments

• TEETH 23 JAN 2023.JPG
    TEETH 23 JAN 2023.JPG
    51.9 KB · Views: 12
  • TEETH 23 JAN 2023 2.JPG
    TEETH 23 JAN 2023 2.JPG
    76.8 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Hi. New member here.

I was recently diagnosed with
long term periapical periodontitis on the lower inscisor tooth #31. The dentist has performed two procedures. 1st was grinding the tooth lower to be inline with my biteline & then opening the tooth and removing yellow pulp & then injecting medicine into the tooth. On the 2nd appointment a few weeks later he did the same thing. When I was about to leave I asked about weather I could save the tooth through nutritional changes or LANAP. He then said the tooth is only on the gum and biting hard on a pizza crust could totally rip out the tooth - and the bone is also gone & there is no hope, but he still insists on follow up appointments to redo the same process i.e cleaning out the tooth & injecting medicine.

Procedure(23.01.2023):SAA01;Oral examination, narrow Tooth: d 31;
Procedure (23.01.2023): EB1AA; Dental X-ray Tooth: d 31;
Procedure(23.01.2023):WX110;Infiltration anesthesia Tooth: d 31;
Procedure (23.01.2023): SGA01; Emergency tooth opening Tooth: d 31;
d31 HF picture, the tooth is intact, it wobbles and the bone around the root has melted, the old fistula is buccally open, dg. occlusion traumatica, trees. the tooth is shortened and the pulp is opened, NaOCl 3%, Biocalc, Kavit, extension. The prognosis is poor. Patient informed.
2nd appointment
d 31: Medicine in the root canal; Occlusal surface of the tooth; Filling in the tooth, Material intended for temporary use;
SGC00;Medical treatment of root canals Tooth: d 31;
d31 drug exchange, NaOCl 3% Biocalc, Kavit

The two pics are new & old.
The black spot on tooth #31 on the left photo is where he says the bone is gone.
- its the skew looking tooth.
You can see the old photo on the right - from 2012 how the teeth have changed since then.

Is there any hope for saving my tooth & what would be the best solution? or is this too late for help? or must they just pull the tooth?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Hi
I have similar situation on my tooth#31 and apical periodontists. Is your pain get settled down? What did you end up doing?

Vote:

Ask a Question