Lateral incisor missing sins birth (Im 16 now) and I have questions.

I wonder if I could remove the other lateral incisor so it get symmetrical and then get braces? I was first thinking about adding the tooth back but there’s so little gap so in the case I add the lateral incisor they gonna remove 2 other teeth’s. That’s why I wonder if I could instead of all that just remove the other lateral incisor than fix the gap with braces like I said. Will this cause any health problems?

Hello melvin hope you are doing great.
Your point is valid but before that you have to consider few things regarding your teeth anatomy. Each tooth looks different in shape. If you notice your teeth, central are different in shape then laterals or canines. So just removing lateral incisor will not fully solve your problems. If your dentist thinks that your lateral incisors gaps are well enough for closing and maintaining the normal horizontal overlap between upper and lower incisors then you can go with one tooth extraction. In the end he will reshape your canines and will make it look a like lateral incisors. It depends on space availablity in your jaw.

Vote:

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
The best option would be to consult an orthodontist. He will decide which option would be best in order to provide the most stable occlusal relationship as well as the most aesthetic outcome.

Vote:

Ask a Question