Front lateral incisor left side, root canal 3 weeks a go

Here is a link. It has been close to 1 month no sensitivity or pain to cold or heat. But i have this weird sensation like a palpitation/throbbing . Why is this? And also is there anything else i should get fixed? I really would appreciate your help please i deal with anxiety and OCD.
Thank you. I appreciate your help

Attachments

• 892E03F8-EC3D-45C7-851F-F26754A62C44.jpeg
    892E03F8-EC3D-45C7-851F-F26754A62C44.jpeg
    480.2 KB · Views: 57
I would appreciate a help because my anxiety is going insane. I’ve asked doctors abroad as im on holiday, they’ve said root canal seems fine but apparently some people taking longer to heal. Is this the case?

Vote:

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Good day

The only thing I could be critical about is the obvious space in the middle of the GP used to seal the canal, which does have the potential to create a space for bacteria, especially if the root canal was not properly disinfected prior to finishing the RCT. But this does not mean the root canal is doomed for failure.
It is completely correct that some people take longer to heal after the RCT is finished and it is a good sign that you don't have any pain or sensitivity.
My opinion would be to monitor this tooth only. And if the tooth becomes more " symptomatic" , to go back to your dentist.

Vote:
Good day

The only thing I could be critical about is the obvious space in the middle of the GP used to seal the canal, which does have the potential to create a space for bacteria, especially if the root canal was not properly disinfected prior to finishing the RCT. But this does not mean the root canal is doomed for failure.
It is completely correct that some people take longer to heal after the RCT is finished and it is a good sign that you don't have any pain or sensitivity.
My opinion would be to monitor this tooth only. And if the tooth becomes more " symptomatic" , to go back to your dentist.
Hi, thanks for the reply.. when i take painkillers it helps stop the throbbing and makes me feel better. Do you think i would be okay or would this lead to re-rootcanal to resolve this issue? As it’s frustrating me and my anxiety is going over the roof. :(

Vote:
I would not stress at this stage. Only monitor the tooth for now.
Thank you Doctor, appreciate your reply. As there is no sensitivity to hot/cold or severe pain. I guess my OCD and anxiety makes it worse for me. Been told some people take couple weeks to fully recover, i do already have sensitive tooth too.

Vote:
hi again doc. I’ve also posted on Reddit to ask dentists about this issue. Some told me the root canal doesn’t look really excellent and it might be worth it to get it re-done. And some say give it time. This throbbing issue is really bothering me and affecting my daily life. What do you think i should do?

Vote:

Ask a Question