congenitally missing lateral incisors

To start off, please be easy with the comments, I am extremely sensitive about my teeth. I consider it a deformity and this has caused years of depression and misery in my life. I cry about it nearly everyday because I feel so helpless and I wish somebody would have cared enough to fix my teeth before I realized how ugly they make me look.

Anyway, i am 23 years old and was told about 3-4 years ago that I'm missing my upper lateral incisors and that my canines had taken their place. I'd always wondered why my teeth always looked so different and it did not help my self esteem any to finally know what was wrong because I realize it costs thousands of dollars to fix. I am a mother of two and am desperate to find some way to pay for the procedures to have a beautiful smile like the rest of my peers. It seems everyone that I come in contact with has all their teeth perfectly where they should be and its so upsetting. While I understand everyone is different, I feel there is no one else with teeth like mine. Though, I have read online there are, I have never met anyone with this condition.

I am searching for advice on how to fix my teeth and how to afford it without insurance. I just moved into a new area and have had trouble landing a job because I have no one to watch my youngest son. My boyfriend works all day long, but doesn't make nearly enough to afford my problems. This deformity has caused me so much anxiety and depression I just need to start somewhere, I need to get this fixed. Ive never had any friends, I've always felt no one likes me because I look like an ogre....Before I knew what was wrong with my teeth, in middle school, I attempted suicide because of my severe depression over this matter. I am 23 years old and have spent over half my life feeling ugly and worthless, I NEED HELP! If ANYONE has any advice or knows an orthodontist who is caring enough to work with me and my needs, I would be eternally grateful. Finally being able to smile would make me one of the happiest people alive! Ive never been able to smile. I have little to no pictures of my childhood because I've never been able to smile confidently. I really need this, if you have dealt with this or know what I can do, please dont hesitate to share!
Please excuse my "ogre smile", this is what I have to work with.

Attachments

• 20140429_114555.jpg
    20140429_114555.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 411
  • 20140429_114608.jpg
    20140429_114608.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 463
  • 20140429_114602.jpg
    20140429_114602.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 458
  • 20140429_114509.jpg
    20140429_114509.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 426
  • 20140429_114525.jpg
    20140429_114525.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 420
To start off, please be easy with the comments, I am extremely sensitive about my teeth. I consider it a deformity and this has caused years of depression and misery in my life. I cry about it nearly everyday because I feel so helpless and I wish somebody would have cared enough to fix my teeth before I realized how ugly they make me look.

Anyway, i am 23 years old and was told about 3-4 years ago that I'm missing my upper lateral incisors and that my canines had taken their place. I'd always wondered why my teeth always looked so different and it did not help my self esteem any to finally know what was wrong because I realize it costs thousands of dollars to fix. I am a mother of two and am desperate to find some way to pay for the procedures to have a beautiful smile like the rest of my peers. It seems everyone that I come in contact with has all their teeth perfectly where they should be and its so upsetting. While I understand everyone is different, I feel there is no one else with teeth like mine. Though, I have read online there are, I have never met anyone with this condition.

I am searching for advice on how to fix my teeth and how to afford it without insurance. I just moved into a new area and have had trouble landing a job because I have no one to watch my youngest son. My boyfriend works all day long, but doesn't make nearly enough to afford my problems. This deformity has caused me so much anxiety and depression I just need to start somewhere, I need to get this fixed. Ive never had any friends, I've always felt no one likes me because I look like an ogre....Before I knew what was wrong with my teeth, in middle school, I attempted suicide because of my severe depression over this matter. I am 23 years old and have spent over half my life feeling ugly and worthless, I NEED HELP! If ANYONE has any advice or knows an orthodontist who is caring enough to work with me and my needs, I would be eternally grateful. Finally being able to smile would make me one of the happiest people alive! Ive never been able to smile. I have little to no pictures of my childhood because I've never been able to smile confidently. I really need this, if you have dealt with this or know what I can do, please dont hesitate to share!
Please excuse my "ogre smile", this is what I have to work with.
consult with an orthodontist first

Vote:

Ask a Question