Canine tooth disguised as a Lateral incisor

When I was young I had a brace fitted. My two front teeth were overlapping so my lateral incisor was removed one side and replaced with a moulded canine tooth. I hate my smile as my canine stands out like a sore thumb. No way does it match the other side.

The biscubpid tooth (next to the canine) has its side showing and looks unsightly. It looks like a fang!!

What could correct this disaster in my mouth. The dentist that did this dental work ruined my smile and confidence. I'm now 47 now and to this day I don't have one single photo of me smiling showing my teeth.

How much would this corrective work likely to cost in the UK.

my smile
Can you see how my canine had been forced forward revealing my other tooth

Why have my 2 front bottom teeth gone wonky! I have posted a bew message if you can find it!!
I think i have dry socket! he saw my discolored tooth next to the tooth i had removed that is obviously also rotten? I knew it was an NHS emergency dental appointment, but never did I realise how obvious it was that failure to afford private dental treatment entitled me to receive sub standard .

Attachments

• 0DF9FBDF-61F0-4809-BB46-0578E892DC19.jpeg
    0DF9FBDF-61F0-4809-BB46-0578E892DC19.jpeg
    90.2 KB · Views: 53

Vote:

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
This looks troublesome. It looks like you might also have a crossbite on the same side, so some orthodontic treatment might also have to be considered. If that doesn't appeal to you, then perhaps crowning the canine and 1st premolar may make a cosmetic correction possible. You'll have to see a dentist - we aren't getting a complete idea of your issues from that single photo.

Vote:
This looks troublesome. It looks like you might also have a crossbite on the same side, so some orthodontic treatment might also have to be considered. If that doesn't appeal to you, then perhaps crowning the canine and 1st premolar may make a cosmetic correction possible. You'll have to see a dentist - we aren't getting a complete idea of your issues from that single photo.
Thank you for replying. What does “cross bite” mean

Vote:

Ask a Question