Invisalign after composite bonding?

Hey! So I’ve completed my Invisalign treatment with only needing 8 trays to correct my teeth and now I’ve had my composite bonding done by the same dentist over two appointments however because of the lack of available appointments my teeth have now moved slightly as I haven’t been able to wear my trays due to alterations with the composite bonding. So now I feel like the Invisalign was pointless and a waste of money. So my question is, is it reasonable to ask if I can re do my molds and get a few additional Invisalign trays to correct the teeth without having to pay the same cost over again?

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Did you have a retainer made? Sometimes if you put in the retainer, it is going to feel extremely tight, because the retainer actually pushes the teeth back into their original position.

Vote:
Did you have a retainer made? Sometimes if you put in the retainer, it is going to feel extremely tight, because the retainer actually pushes the teeth back into their original position.
I did but before I’ve had my composite bonding done. My composite bonding was done over a period of one month because of little tweaks that I wanted doing so during that my teeth have moved again and since my teeth are different now with the composite I can’t use my retainers

Vote:

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
In that case, you can request a case refinement. This is usually a few extra trays, to correct minor discrepancies and should not be the same cost as the initial treatment.

Vote:
Hey! So I’ve completed my Invisalign treatment with only needing 8 trays to correct my teeth and now I’ve had my composite bonding done by the same dentist over two appointments however because of the lack of available appointments my teeth have now moved slightly as I haven’t been able to wear my trays due to alterations with the composite bonding. So now I feel like the Invisalign was pointless and a waste of money. So my question is, is it reasonable to ask if I can re do my molds and get a few additional Invisalign trays to correct the teeth without having to pay the same cost over again?
I had my bonding done after invisiline and went to my orthodontist straight after for a scan ..They replaced all my retainers for free but I was only without them for 2 wks and my teeth stayed fine

Vote:

Ask a Question