How to prevent soda damage?

Hello

I get both tooth ache and discoloration that doesn't go away after periods when I've had a lot of soda, coffee and tea (all sugar free). I wonder, when it comes to tooth ache by these drinks, is it only the acidity that's causing it? What can be done to prevent it?

I often take a little fluoride toothpaste and/or flush my mouth with water a short time after consuming such drinks, but I am not sure if that's the right way to go about it. Would it be better to use other products? And would it be best to use fluoride before drinking?

Your input is appreciated, Stefany.

Using fluoride may be a good idea but should be used on the teeth only after 30 minutes of drinking soda as the acid in the soda weakens the enamel and brushing too soon can cause further damage.
I don't brush, only take toothpaste in my mouth.

Three more questions:
- Using fluoride before I drink also, would that do any good?
- Is toothpaste "against acid" any better than regular toothpaste?
- Does the standard Colgate flouride mouthwash contain enough fluoride to be effective? (at the pharmacy the mouthwash has double the flouride content)

Vote:

Ask a Question