Need old style Night Guard to prevent biting down at night.

In the 80's I had a night guard made that kept me from biting down at night. It worked great. Eventually my mouth changed and it no longer fit. It was a hard pick plastic of types with silver metal clips. The hard pink plastic part traced the roof of my mouth and did not cover the teeth nor go in between the teeth.. The metal clips went around the teeth. I have tried to find someone that can make this again for me, but cannot. They told me to try what is available today. and that is this soft plastic ones. My dentist had me buy the ones that are over the counter. I did and have had a reaction to the chemicals in these type. Please help me find the old type.

Solutions
You should be able to have a hard plastic guard made by the dentist. They do cover the teeth with plastic. Or consider going to an orthodontist with this request as they may be more sympathetic to your needs, as they will tend to commission all types of appliances from their suppliers.

Vote:
You should be able to have a hard plastic guard made by the dentist. They do cover the teeth with plastic. Or consider going to an orthodontist with this request as they may be more sympathetic to your needs, as they will tend to commission all types of appliances from their suppliers.
Thank you

Vote:

Ask a Question