How to avoid dry socket after WT removal?

Solutions
Hi,
I have extracted my upper WT yesterday and it's been 24 hours now. I did bleed for 7 hours and I kept changing the gauzes.
I didn't brush and rinse yet. I had only soft foods like jello, pudding, Greek yogurt and water. Nothing else.

Today whenever I drink and swallow water, I feel like blood oozing from the extraction site. I am taking antibiotics and ibprufen. I have been prescribed mouth rinse and I didn't use it yet. Told to use the next day.

I saw the extraction site today and it looks like black reddish dark color. Is it normal?

I already had low jaw pain under the ear, ear pain and swelling before this extraction. All dentist said extraction might help and did this. There are two scenarios going on with this issue. Either tooth#30 crack or #1 WT issue. So they told me to try extraction first .

I still have the ear and low jaw pain from yesterday and it didn't reduce at all. Along with that , having the extraction pain.

I am having pain inside the ear, like burning. Is it indicate dry socket? Also, I have pain under the ear.it was there before extraction too.

I have pain in front of the ear and inside. Is it dry socket? And how does the extraction site looks after a day?

For how many days, we have to be careful to overcome the risks of dry socket??

I will try to post the pic of the extraction site.

Ask a Question