Honest advice please!

I need honest opinions please….
I see my dentist every 6 months, I tell him I have a loose crown, he says it’s fine, it’s loose because my gums are receding.

I go for my next check up and tell him I now qualify for free dental treatment on the NHS …. then he says oh that loose crown needs to come out, the bone has gone, there’s also infection… I’m surprised at this as I’m not in any pain. He then says yes you also have an abscess starting? I have no swelling and no pain! As it’s a front tooth I ask him what he’s going to put there, he says well I’m going to take 2 teeth out? and put a denture in, I explain that I have a terrible gagging problem and really couldn’t cope with a plate in my mouth, he replied well you dont have any choice! I ask if he could put a bridge there instead like I have on the other side, he says only if you want to pay me £1500! He said I have no other choice of anything else. I don’t understand why there is no choice apart from a denture just because I get free dental treatment? Also why is he taking 2 teeth out?

My husband saw him after me and suddenly he needs treatment as well, but the dentist has never once before said he needs any treatment?

I now feel im being rushed to have 2 teeth taken out and being left with a denture. How can I find out if I am entitled to have a bridge or something else?

Opinions please.

Ask a Question