Your honest opinion about my teeth (Please comment)

Hello, I will appreciate every comment about my teeth.

I apologise for my English but I was born in Europe.

Short explanation:I am 20, I have never liked cleaning my teeth(the toothpaste taste was making me nauseous), my family had many family issues (I was running from home, living with grandparents) and the least thing I would think about were my teeth and brushing them. However I actually was brushing my teeth but not that much like I would wish, (sometimes 10 times a month, sometimes never=this mostly)

The lose of enamel on my front teeth started when I was 13 yo and it stayed like this until now (no decay)
I have teeth sensitivity when I breat cold air through mouth, eating cold food, eating high sugary stuff like chocolate. However when im hitting teeth with an item, it does not hurt and also when eating something like cereals or chewing a gum also makes no pain.

Diet: I have never drunk soda drinks (occasionaly), I am no smoker, I dont drink alcohol. I stayed away from sugary food like candies etc. as much as possible. I was not at dentist for 4 YEARS, and it was a big mistake because I would be brushing if I was going to visit him regurarly.

I know I have damaged enamel, but do you think the yellow colour is actually dentin and my enamel wore off totally or its just from not brushing?

I know I cant turn back the time and I regret this everyday when I started brushing full time.

Im adding more photos, it actually looks different all time when photographed at different places.

I am now using charcoal paste, high fluoride and other mineral paste (I know enamel cant be repaired).

What do you think of my teeth? Can you give me any advices or is it possible atleast to turn them more white? Can you tell me what probably will happen to me in few years? Any possible treatments?

I want to thank for all comments, it means a lot for me.

Attachments

• pic1.jpg
    pic1.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 251
  • pic2.jpg
    pic2.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 282
  • pic3.jpg
    pic3.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 244
  • pic4.jpg
    pic4.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 250
Solutions
I think you have nice teeth that look healthy and are are normal colour.

I would avoid abrasive pastes.

If you are really unhappy you could of course have them bleached but I do not think bleaching is good for teeth. Many dentists may disagree and it's a big industry (also I have not met many dentists who have bleached teeth!), I've had it done once and I would not do it again as it did not feel "healthy". It can increase sensitivity and it's only temporary so in my view a waste of time if you have to keep having it repeated (and pay for that).

So your teeth look fine.

Vote:

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Teeth are naturally shades of yellow, grey, red (see Classic colour chart here). The myth is that white teeth equates to healthiness, and this is largely driven by marketing and all those ghastly Hollywood smiles. From the limited photos you proved, I see no enamel loss, and think your teeth are natural-looking.
If you want to whiten them, then it is safe to do so (speaking as a dentist). There is some sensitivity during the process, but this can be controlled with desensitising toothpastes, and it will fade away afterwards. ( I attach a sheet here that I give to my patients). Charcoal toothpastes or any whitening toothpastes do not work at all.
I worry that you do not clean your teeth. Even brushing and flossing alone without toothpaste is useful. There are some fluoridated plain toothpastes on the market, but can be hard to find, and I have no idea of what's available in your area.

Vote:

Ask a Question