Help needed for my daughter UK based

Good evening...I'm new to this group so bare with me. My daughter is 8 years old. For the last 2 wks she has been in alot of discomfort in her mouth, jaw, teeth. The pain is making her feel extremely fatigued. I'm giving her regular pain relief. The pain she describes as a dull ache with the occasional sharp pain. I took her to the dentist on the 18th March and they said it may be pain from her adult teeth on her lower jaw growing at an angle and pushing against her other teeth (no x-ray taken). One day after I picked my daughter up from school, one side of her face was physically swollen. This has since gone. She is still complaining of pain so I rang my GP. Who triaged her over the phone!!! Said it was likely an infection. And to get her seen by an emergency dentist! Despite the dentist saying her teeth, gums ect were in perfect condition. My mum mentioned that my cousin suffered terribly when his wisdom teeth were growing behind the scenes. Could this possibly be what is happening to my daughter. She got her first tooth at 4 months old so maybe she is further ahead than what the general tooth eruption charts on the net say. I'm going to ring my dentist again on Monday and possibly see if they will do an x-ray. Has anyone else experienced anything similar with their child?

Ask a Question