had tooth extracted today, question

Had an oral surgeon extract what would be labeled tooth #4 today as it was broke off at the gum line. Initially I went in Wednesday and he had a hard time getting the root out saying it was "really in there" and then saying I would need to be put to sleep to get it extracted because my bone density was so strong that more pressure would be needed. Since no one was with me I was scheduled to come back today. They put me to sleep and did it, seemingly everything went ok, upon waking up I asked about it and they told me it was still difficult to get out.

I've noticed though that the tooth next to the one extracted is pretty sore and swollen around the top and it looks like it has been pushed back a little bit. It has me a little concerned. Is this out of the ordinary? I hope that it's normal and everything will be normal once it heals.

Thanks.

Ask a Question