Preforated sinus from a tooth extracted several years ago

Hello,
I had a upper molar pulled several years ago with no problems, at least I didn't think there was a problem at the time. A few days ago I had an abscess where the tooth would of been if it hadn't been pulled. I went to my dentist asap as I was going out of town for the Labor day weekend and was afraid I would be in intense pain from this thing in my mouth. He took x-rays and saw nothing that would indicate a problem so we decided to lance it. After lancing it a ton of pus came out of it and he found a hole in my sinus from the tooth that was pulled several years ago. GROSS.....
So I have been on a ton of medicines to clear out my sinus, and will go back for a follow up and possible surgery to repair the hole in my sinus. Apparently the only thing that is separating my mouth from my sinus is a layer of gum that will become infected with sinus fluids.
Who should be financially responsible for this surgery since it's is a result of a hole in my sinus from a tooth extraction and I was not notified of the problem?

Ask a Question