Growth after tooth removal?

I had a tooth removed a month ago and now I have some kind of growth where my tooth was. It also feels like my bone is coming out of my gums. You can see the white spot below the growth. I'm not sure if it's an abscess or what. My regular doctor put my on antibiotics and I'm going to see my dentist this week. Just wondering what all of your thoughts are. Very little pain and no fever.

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_3176.jpg
    IMG_3176.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_3174.jpg
    IMG_3174.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 12

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Good day

This might just be normal hypertrophy or growth of tissues after surgical trauma. A lot of times this gradually decreases in size over time.
The yellow, if hard, might be a bony fragment being extruded. Between the roots of a tooth, you get inter-radicular bone. When the tooth is extruded, this bone is broken down as healing progresses. A lot of time it is just resorbed, but in certain cases, pieces of bone might be extruded over a period of weeks or months.
If this piece is irritating,it can be removed.

Vote:

Ask a Question