Fillings

Had 2 right lower fillings put in. After the fillings were put in my jaw began to give me throbbing pain. Went to another dentist. He said a tooth between fillings will eventually need a tooth graft. So he deep cleaned that area and felt better. Went home felt ok 1st day. Second day back to the beginning. Same throbbing pain. Do you think I need a root canal. It’s been over 14 days with this pain

D9D02563-99D5-49A0-8D67-0826F2A793DC.png

Vote:
It’s tooth number 30. Went to another dentist he thinks I’m grinding my teeth and the area is sensitive so that may be causing the pain. Got a mouth guard like he recommended. Said if still in pain after few days he thinks he will put in crown

Vote:

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Good day
The pain could be due to grinding. Especially if you describe it as stiffness in your jaw. I would maybe try an over the counter mouth guard to sleep with at night, to see if it makes a difference. Also make sure that the dentist checks the occlusion of your teeth. It might also be that one of your fillings need to be filed down.
I also noted that you have bone loss around your teeth, which might be an indication of active periodontal disease. If this is the case, you will need to be seen by a periodontist. Exposed tooth roots can sometimes be very painful!

Vote:
Good day
The pain could be due to grinding. Especially if you describe it as stiffness in your jaw. I would maybe try an over the counter mouth guard to sleep with at night, to see if it makes a difference. Also make sure that the dentist checks the occlusion of your teeth. It might also be that one of your fillings need to be filed down.
I also noted that you have bone loss around your teeth, which might be an indication of active periodontal disease. If this is the case, you will need to be seen by a periodontist. Exposed tooth roots can sometimes be very painful!
I tried the mouth guard last 2 days. Any type of cold drink of semi cold drink cause pain and it lingers. Both dentist I went to recommend I get a root canal. Do you agree

Vote:

Ask a Question