Extraction

Hi i had an extraction last thursday 24gh march but it doesnt seem to be healing right. It doesnt look dark red like it should it looks like bone its not very painful just feels a little bruised. I will book an appointment with the dentist tomorrow. But im the meantume does this sound like dry socket to you

20220328_203501.jpg

Vote:

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Good day
It does not sound like a dry socket. You would have had severe pain. As a socket heals, it first forms granulation tissue, which is yellow or greyish in colour and then gradually changes colour to pink. A socket can take 2 weeks to 1 month to close fully. I would be more patient if I were you.

Vote:
Good day
It does not sound like a dry socket. You would have had severe pain. As a socket heals, it first forms granulation tissue, which is yellow or greyish in colour and then gradually changes colour to pink. A socket can take 2 weeks to 1 month to close fully. I would be more patient if I were you.
Thank you that has reassured me.

Vote:

Ask a Question