Double teeth extractions help!

I'm due to have top left and right canine teeth removed for braces in a month. They're very high up but not impacted.
I'm also due to have lower left and right incisor extracted. I was hoping both canines would be done in one appointment and the bottom ones done in another. But my dental plan says top left canine and bottom left incisor, then next one the right?
Is it possible to have both canines done in one sitting instead or is there an issue with anesthetizing that area to cover both?
I really don't want to be left with one canine in.

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
In the old days, it was common to take out all 1st or 2nd premolars, so I'd do a side at a time. That's just for patient convenience so only one side is sore. I think maybe your insurer is applying that sort of logic to your different situation, so maybe talk to them. I would do it the way you're suggesting. There's no physical problem doing the canines together, and then the incisors together, or even all at once. It sounds like an admin issue at their end.

Vote:
In the old days, it was common to take out all 1st or 2nd premolars, so I'd do a side at a time. That's just for patient convenience so only one side is sore. I think maybe your insurer is applying that sort of logic to your different situation, so maybe talk to them. I would do it the way you're suggesting. There's no physical problem doing the canines together, and then the incisors together, or even all at once. It sounds like an admin issue at their end.

Thank you so much. I spoke to him today just before the extractions and he was happy to do both canines today.
:) they’re all out now and didnt feel any pain.

Vote:
It’s now been 2 days and so far so good. I now have two V kind of shapes where my teeth used to be (they were high up in the gums but not impacted so still completely visible like fangs).
How long will it be until these huge gaps close? Does it take longer being canine teeth that have been indented that way for a long time?

Vote:

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
It’s now been 2 days and so far so good. I now have two V kind of shapes where my teeth used to be (they were high up in the gums but not impacted so still completely visible like fangs).
How long will it be until these huge gaps close? Does it take longer being canine teeth that have been indented that way for a long time?
2 weeks for initial healing; 2-3 months until it's rounded out completely at most.

Vote:

Ask a Question