Do I really need a root canal?

I was told I need 4 root canals.

I already have my wisdom teeth extracted and 4 other teeth extracted, so the teeth numbering (#1-32) is not the normal pattern. I only have 24 teeth. So as you look at these x-ray numbers, the numbering is off.

First one is the very back top right molar tooth. Tooth #2:

image.jpg

Next one is tooth #4.... my biscuspid top right side in mouth.......... In this picture, it is the rightmost..........

image.jpg

Then the other biscuspid........ top left side of mouth............. tooth #13...................

image.jpg

and finally bottom right side of mouth, rear most molar, tooth #31............

image.jpg

There you have it. I was told I need root canals on all 4 of these teeth. Root canal, post/core, and porcelain crown.

I don't doubt any dentist, just curious what any dentist here might think.

Thank you very much in advance!

drmins

Verified Dentist
Yes. You are in need of root canal treatments on all these teeth and may need a post and core restoration for the top right bicuspid.

The only different opinion i can have is about back-top-right-molar tooth,for which you can,less-likely, attempt to excavate the caries and try a pulp capping restoration.(Needs a clearer radio-graph and clinical examination to decide about it)

Keep smiling
Dr.mins

Vote:

Ask a Question