Dentist set incorrect crown...

I recently had a crown on my lower left back molar and for some reason unknown there was a mistake in the type of crown he set. After the procedure was finished the assistant had me look in the mirror and I seen there was a porcelain crown when there was supposed to be a high noble crown:eek:. The dentist didn't say much except that he did so many porcelain crowns so often in his office that he didn't realize I specifically asked for high noble, and then went on to say the crown was just as good and there was high noble underneath the porcelain and that to replace I would have to endure the procedure all over again etc...Basically leading into him getting me to agree that I didn't want to endure the drilling and temporary crown again but who would if they had the choice,:( the reason I requested high noble in the first place was in case I ever needed to have the crown replaced it would atleast have a little bit of return value.. I didn't know what to say,:confused: I am still dumfounded by the mistake and still can't believe there is no offer to fix the problem. :mad:The dentist's office hasn't returned my call since and I called requesting that it be fixed.

Any help as how to approach the problem would be great.

To any dentist who read this, what would the proper procedure be in this situation for the Dentist? What would you have done if you did this to one of your patients?

Thank You

Last edited:

Ask a Question