Dentist ruined two front teeth

Solutions
I had a dentist completely butcher two of my bottom front teeth during the process of removing bonding that I didn’t want added in the first place. I’ve been completely depressed and distraught ever since. She ruined them for the rest of my life. They’re rough on the surface, jagged and uneven to my tongue, and thinner than they used to be. My bite is also uneven because if it.

I’m seriously contemplating whether I should just rip them out and get implants. Or crowns. FML. I don’t know what to do.

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Why did your dentist bond your teeth that you didn't want? Were there cavities or something else? What did she say about your teeth now. Give her a chance to correct the problem.

Vote:
Solutions
Dentist 1 bonded three of my front teeth without my asking. I specifically said I had a small crack in the top of one front tooth that I asked if he could bond. I sat back in the chair. I sat back up a few minutes later and was told ‘I went ahead and bonded all 3 front teeth’. We had met several months prior and discussed potentially adding bonding to the 3 teeth. He took it entirely upon himself that day to actually do it.

A few days later the bonding is bothering me. Dentist 1 is not in the office for 3 more weeks. I agree to see Dentist 2 to remove the bonding, assured she is fully capable. Dentist 2 butchers my teeth.

I no longer trust the office whatsoever and will not go back to them. I’ve since seen two other dentists and have been told there is no great way to fix them. Polishing the roughness likely means removing additional enamel. Adding back bonding to fix the unevenness would likely come off since the are where I bite down. It seems the only answer is an entirely new tooth. :(:(:(

Vote:

Ask a Question