Dentist Ripoff?

Hi folks , I would appreciate any guidance. I recently moved from another state and found a new dentist. He told me that he needs to replace one of my crowns because there was a small gap on the side bottom of the existing crown. He mentioned food particles can get inside and cause decay to the tooth. Now the tooth had a root canal done years ago. He cannot X-ray through the crown so he doesn't know if there is decay or not.
It will cost about $2000 since my delta dental insurance does not cover crowns. My friend recently visited the same dentist a few days ago and he mentioned the she would need 4 crowns replaced for the same reason. We are both in our mid 60s and wonder if this is a good idea to have the crowns replaced or just take the chance. Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks so much
Jerry

Hi folks , I would appreciate any guidance. I recently moved from another state and found a new dentist. He told me that he needs to replace one of my crowns because there was a small gap on the side bottom of the existing crown. He mentioned food particles can get inside and cause decay to the tooth. Now the tooth had a root canal done years ago. He cannot X-ray through the crown so he doesn't know if there is decay or not.
It will cost about $2000 since my delta dental insurance does not cover crowns. My friend recently visited the same dentist a few days ago and he mentioned the she would need 4 crowns replaced for the same reason. We are both in our mid 60s and wonder if this is a good idea to have the crowns replaced or just take the chance. Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks so much
Jerry

Hello Jerry,

I would suggest you seek second opinion. Another dentist has to look into your case. Don't lead the dentist by saying what the other dentist said... Just listen and assess. If you are not convinced, you can always check with other dentists.

Vote:

Ask a Question