Dentist overcharge?

I went to the dentist and they charged me 5700$ for a deep cleaning and to get 2 teeth pulled. I don't know much about cost but I believe they are wayyyy overcharging me for the work done. Is this true and if it is what can I do to get it lowered. Small claims?

Solutions
What country are you in? Either you added a zero, or you live in a remote outpost where the dentist has to fly in by chartered plane or you live in a country where the currency is very weak.

Vote:
Solutions
It's pretty ridiculous, but you should always ask for a quote before you agree to treatment. In the UK the practice is meant to give you a treatment plan and be clear on charges, but patients don't always bother to push for this when they are in pain and distress. It's really up to the profession to police bad practice because it taints all dentists if one is a rip off merchant.

Vote:
Solutions
by the way you can't really take them to small claims if these rates are advertised on a website or in their practice. They will say you should have asked how much it would cost. So you may be able to make some claim but they would have a strong counter argument that you didn't ask for the cost.

Vote:
Ok thanks, i made sure to ask about what the total cost would be and some of the charges were not in the paperwork that I signed and agreed on. I keep getting random bills of additional fees so I think I'll call a lawyer to see what they have to say

Vote:
Solutions
Have you asked them why they keep sending you bills? I don't know what the law is on such matters over there, but in the UK there are various consumer laws that stop this sort of thing happening. You pay at the end of treatment, usually with a deposit part way through if treatment is in two or more stages. You don't keep getting bills once treatment has finished.

Vote:

Ask a Question