Dentist messed up filling?

Hi, I just got three fillings done today (bad I know), and something just doesn't feel right about them. All three were right next to each other starting from the second to the back right side, and the two after that. The one furthest back feels like it's stuck to the one in front of it, It literally feels all smooth in between the two like they were welded together. There's also what feels like spatter all over the sides of my teeth, like he didn't clean them up very well. I understand it's probably a simple mistake and probably easily fixable but I also noticed that he was fumbling with his tools the whole time and when he sat down I could clearly smell vodka coming from him. I'm wondering what my best course of action should be, should I go to a different dentist and see if they can just fix it and go to them from now on and forget it, or if I might have a case against him to file a lawsuit? Thanks guys.

Hi Damian2130,

When you talk about fillings, you are right that they should each be their own distinct tooth so that you can floss between them. Are you able to get floss in between the teeth?

Sometimes, fillings need revisions because it is not possible to get them to the exact comfortable position the first time when you are numb. Adjustments can be made at future appointments to get it right.

The best thing is to not jump to any conclusions. If you have any particular concerns, it is best to speak to the office or dentist to see if there is any way they can help.

Vote:

Ask a Question