Dentist broke my veneer

Hi,
Just left the dentist where I was going for a temporary filling on a front tooth that has a veneer (had a root canal done and needed the temporary filling because the infection was not 100% cleared and the dentist didn't want to put in the post until all was healed). The dentist was filing the filling when he grimaced and told me that he accidentally broke the veneer with the drill. He said that he would have to redo my veneer. I'm vulnerable at this point - can't walk out of the office with a busted veneer. So, he removed the veneer and replaced it with a temporary tooth. I told him that the color does not match up to the veneer next to it and that the shape is off too. He pulled out a business card and said that he does veneers for a living, works out of an office in NJ and Manhattan NY (where he has worked on celebrities). He said that there is so much that can be done with a temporary and not to worry. He said that he will contact the dentist who originally did my veneers to get the exact color and glue that was used. Said that he will order everything that the other dentist used if the office doesn't have it and that my veneer will be ready in 7-10 days. He left instructions with the front desk to contact the dentist who did my veneers and that I should not be billed for the work.
My question is: what if the work is not satisfactory? I've been told that you could never get an exact match in a situation like this and that in most cases, all of the veneers would need to be replaced for it to match up. Is it possible to have the original dentist redo the work but have the dentist who broke it pay for the job? Very much open to input, suggestions etc on how to handle this.... Thank you in advance for any response!!!

Ask a Question