Dental Abscess

Apr 27, 2021
This is kind of a long story:

I have a tooth that needs to be extracted and have already seen a Periodontist for a consult on an implant. During that appointment, the doctor (thank god) found a cyst at the roof of my mouth and I was told to see an oral surgeon immediately. The next day I saw the oral surgeon who told me it's a benign cyst that needs to be removed. That has been scheduled for May 21 and now I have to wait until after this surgery for the implant. I have been in pain for almost two weeks due to the abscess, was given Amoxicillin which did not take and then prescribed Amox-Clav and Metronidazole. I am about 4 days away from finishing my prescription and I have noticed a difference but not totally and I am worried I am going to have to live like this for the next 2 months. Is there anything that can be done for me? I am worried that when I finish the antibiotics my pain will still be there and come back full force. Needless to say I am desperate and I have a 1 year old at home and it's hard to be a mom when I am in pain. Any advice?

Dr M

Verified Dentist
May 31, 2019
Good day

My advice would be to finish this last course of antibiotics and then see how the pain is. If there is no relief, contact the oral surgeon and explain to him the situation. He might be able to see you earlier or provide other pain meds that might assist you


Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments. After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.

Ask a Question

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Latest member

Latest Threads