Cyst?

Top Left was prior to root canal. Top right is right after root canal. The bottom two are from today. I got the root canal on 1/8/19 and several days ago I noticed that the gums underneath the tooth was inflamed and discolored purple/blue. It had bumps on it as well. I went for a follow up with my endodontics today and he gave me another round of antibiotics and said to go ahead with permanent filling. If that doesn't solve it in two weeks then we will have to go the surgical route. Please give me your professional opinion if you think this is a cyst or if you have ever seen something like this. I am not sure what is growing on the tooth either. I'm thinking it is hard to tell just from X-rays.

Attachments

• dental xray.jpg
    dental xray.jpg
    181.4 KB · Views: 301

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Antibiotics? Makes no sense unless this is infection. I would be interested to know why an RCT was performed on a seemingly untouched tooth.
Don't bother with final restoration or crown yet. This has obviously enlarged over time, and you should get surgical opinion. Don't wait any longer.

Vote:

Ask a Question