Dentigerous cyst and root canal

I had a patient of dentigerous cyst associated with odontoma in anterior maxilla. Tooth #11 #21 #22 #23 #24 #25 were necrotic and hence endodontically treated but rct was poor. However dentigerous cyst was removed without doing re endodontucs. Can it contribute to recurrence of dentigerous cyst?

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
I don't quite understand this. A dentigerous (follicular) cyst is associated with an unerupted tooth (usually a wisdom). What was the cause in this case - the odontoma? If the RCTs are poor, then they won't lead to recurrence of a dentigerous cyst, but could lead to fresh periapical granulomas and radicular cysts. The RCTs should be redone properly in any case.

Vote:
Yes sir there was odontoma present above lateral incisor. I tried to convince patient to get re cts as it may prevent recurrence of dentigerous cyst but he was not willing to go through everything again.

Vote:

Ask a Question