cure for a loose tooth

Cure For a Loose Tooth
When I had my wisdom tooth pulled, I asked my dentist about the hole that the tooth came out of. He told me not to worry because the cavity would fill with blood. He told me that unless I smoked, causing a vacuum, or did something other to cause the blood to leak out, then the blood would harden up and eventually ossify.
I have the habit of biting the soft ends off of bones when I eat chicken. About a year and a half ago, I bit the end of a leg bone and it hurt. A year later – I bit a thigh bone end. Same spot in my mouth. Same pain.
I grabbed that tooth and found it to be a little loose.
X-rays ensued. Antibiotics thereafter.
My dentist told me that if it doesn’t harden up and take hold, we’re going to remove the tooth
I have flossed. Brushed and not chewed anything hard on that side of my mouth, but it is a year later and I can still wiggle that tooth.
“…take the tooth,” says my dentist. I say, “Bah!!” Should we not drill a hole in the vein to allow blood to seep, and then pool in the gap surrounding the root? Give it – say – four to six weeks of not eating on that side, and of course being very careful during cleaning, and that pool of blood will likewise ossify and secure the tooth.
I don’t want to tell my dentist this and then he gets the credit by sharing it with the ADA. I am therefore posting this on a public website with a verifiable date. I am publishing this to the world
I am Lesley Tracy.

Last edited by a moderator:

drmins

Verified Dentist
I don’t want to tell my dentist this and then he gets the credit by sharing it with the ADA. I am therefore posting this on a public website with a verifiable date. I am publishing this to the world

An innocent joke? Come on dear, get your teeth treated. If you can post the x-ray image,we can talk more about it.

Keep smiling
dr.mins

Vote:

Ask a Question