Creative ways to fix a missing front tooth when a dentist is simply not an option.

So a dentist is just simply not an option in my case, long story as to why but its financial.

So, what i HAVE done and made work for quite some time
I used a somewhat durable plastic from a product called "Temp Tooth" and i ordered a porcelain front tooth set, which had multiple types and sizes.
I basically then used the "Temp tooth" plastic to create a housing for the tooth, then molded it by hand to find in the space in the mouth. (yes it was very difficult and i burnt my hand and mouth with plastic multiple times doing it, but after hours, i finally got it just right.

Thats worked for 8+ years for me, but ive never been able to eat with it in and theres times where the housing will just fail, and the tooth flies out (Talk about embarrassing.....

This all started when i was about 10 years old, and a ford explorer hood, the ones that were held up hydraulically, fell on my head pushing it into the motor bay, and my mouth into the fan belt. Ford said not their problem so my family did what they could for me, and i got some implants.. The "perm" ones i had put in then, worked untill i was about 17, then the left tooth failed and came out by the post. So since then, my life has been a living hell in that i cant eat publicly, its hard to go out with friends or hang out due to the tooth, i have next to 0 self confidence directly due to the tooth and my make-shift fixes that are often uncomfortable to wear and need tweaking or replacing every few months due to discoloring...

When i had insurance, they wouldn't help anyways.... Said it was on me to deal with it as it was "pre-existing"....

Theres got to be a way for me to fix this in a way i can live a normal life again, i dont have any real money, nor credit. The dentists offices ive tried around here wont help me since i just cant afford their costs and none with work with me on an extended payment plan.

Is this just How its going to be for the rest of my life? Just simply no hope until I figure out an extra 5 Grand?

Ask a Question