Hey aarongoldstein, The best way to market a dental practice in this day and age is through social media. I'll give you 6 steps below to grow your practice.
1. Website: Your website should be your main source of traffic as 77% percent of patients use online searches while looking for a new dentist. The website should be optimised with appropriate keywords and should have the correct backlinks for great SEO. The site should also have plenty of calls to action(like book an appointment) as the patient needs to see it multiple times before they actually click on one
2. SEO: This is by far the best way to get new patients. SEO basically ranks your website higher in the google search list. For e.g: if you have great SEO, when patients search for " Dentists in (your city)" or "Dentists near me" you'll be in the top search and guess what, they'll definitely be coming over to your site.
3. Blog: Every dental practice should have a blog as its great in educating the patients and allows you to position yourself as the expert
4. Content Marketing: Posting regular content on your website and social media channels like FB and Instagram is great for branding
5. Social media marketing: Promoting your content in this digital age is key. Promote your page and clinic using paid ads to increase market share and gain an edge over your competition
6. Google PPC: this is my favorite. When people search for "dentists near me" i'm sure you noticed the sponsored link at the top. Often times people cant diffrentiate between and actual link and a paid one and this is going to give you a lot of traffic
Hope these 6 points help and feel free to shoot me a message