Does extraction of molars always lead to jaw shrinkage

Hi,

I have had some bad news and I've been told they definitely need to take out one of my molars and maybe a second one both on the right hand side of my face. they said if they take out one it probably won't do anything with my jaw but if they take a second it will. However I was told by another dentist that from her experience that taking out molars doesn't do anything to the face. This is really stressing me out so I'm not sure what to expect, If it helps the molars are called 6 and 7 and I have one baby molar behind 7 for some reason.

By the way when I mean jaw shrinkage I mean will it affect my physical appearance.

Hi,

I have had some bad news and I've been told they definitely need to take out one of my molars and maybe a second one both on the right hand side of my face. they said if they take out one it probably won't do anything with my jaw but if they take a second it will. However I was told by another dentist that from her experience that taking out molars doesn't do anything to the face. This is really stressing me out so I'm not sure what to expect, If it helps the molars are called 6 and 7 and I have one baby molar behind 7 for some reason.

By the way when I mean jaw shrinkage I mean will it affect my physical appearance.
I have the same question. Went to the dentist because my very back molar broke when brushing my teeth( a molar my dentist filled but apparently didn't do a very good job because it still decayed and had to be pulled) Plus, I found out that a tooth I had a root canal on has to be pulled as well! That one is in the front by my canine. They say i need implants for both but its so expensive that if I have to choose one to replace its obviously going to be the one in the front.

My sister and brother in law have had a tooth pulled in the back and have had no problems and its been 10 plus years. Now they say if you don't replace your lost tooth your other teeth will start erupting, your face will age from bone loss and more.

So stressed on making the right decision.

Vote:

Ask a Question