Older teeth, new practice, research?; invitation for co-creative thoughts;

Being entirely 'lay', I try and explore a naief and open outlook in my special situation:

At 72, through special circumstances many of my teeth have been broken off; and I am left with the roots, which are partly healthy and partly caries infected.
I wonder at the possibility of a biological approach, when leaving, desinfecting, and improving these roots as anchors for new tooth structures; CUSTOM shape new teeth on these treated roots.
Rather then pulling everything out, leaving the bone to withdraw! And fit 2 protheses with their artificial plastic look. And their problems of feel and fit. Then this may also leave the periodontal ligament, which keeps the flexibility and subtle movement of the teeth. Trying to keep a natural feel in the mouth.

Is this perhaps a direction towards a new solution:
Open up the root canals, and desinfect and mineralise all of the dentine.
Then design and custom 3D print every tooth in the appropriate shape and colour, and fix (screw?!) or bond it onto its prepared base.

please prof or lay, kindly feel free and welcome to share any therapeutic, technical or practical thought or comment... I look forward to them,

best regards
Io, Netherlands

please, I'd really appreciate any effort to a reply; it really does helps my lay thinking;

the first step seems to me to desinfect the roots and periodontal ligaments; it ozone perhaps a good way?

Vote:

Ask a Question