Cracks after fillings?

I am wondering if cracks in my teeth are a sign that fillings were not done well, and perhaps I should see a different dentist?

I have never had a cavity or problems with my teeth until the age of 31 following a twin pregnancy and too much time between cleanings (and not flossing).

It was discovered that I had 3 cavities. I had them filled.

I returned on 6 different occasions complaining of pain when I chewed on that side. She kept shaving it down thinking my bite was off. On the 6th visit it was decided to do a crown.

Temporary crown in place, still pain, very bad sensitivity. Was sent to have a root canal. Had permanent crown put on after root canal.

Realizing I'm having the same pain in a second tooth that was filled. We discussed trying a crown on that one as well. I should I also mention the permanent crown on the first tooth feels odd, like not the shape of my old tooth at all, the bite is fine but it feels like there's a big lump on the back of it.

Should I see a new dentist to begin exploring why I still have bite pain? I went to see the Endodontist again concerned that I would need a second root canal. He thinks it could be cracked and also thinks it would be best to try a crown first.

Ask a Question