Clicking sound or popping sounds in front of ears when opening the mouth and moving the jaw

Discussion in 'General Dentistry Discussion' started by Dental user, Feb 18, 2019.

1. Dental user

Dental user

Hi all,
    I had a cavity filling 8 months back on my left side teeth. (13,14,15,19). I have some issues with fillings and I have to go to a different dentist for that.
    Recently,I am having this issue. I am hearing some popping or clicking sound in my ears or near my jaw joint when I open the mouth and sometimes when swallowing something. I hear it only on the left side ears. So, is this anything related to my fillings on the left side?
    Or it could be cold or sinus problem? I had cold for 2 weeks. But the sound was there before that too. Any inputs on this please. What should I do?
    I asked about this to my dentist once. He said my bite looks like a donkey bite where I am moving my teeth to right side jaw and closing the mouth. He said that's normal.
    I really don't know if I have donkey bite. Whether that's the reason for the popping sound?

Dental user, Feb 18, 2019
    1. Advertisements

2. Dental user

Busybee

It sounds like a clicking jaw. It means one side isn't engaging as it should. It's not normal but it's very common. Usually doesn't cause problems, but can cause pain. It may have been worsened by your recent dental work.

Busybee, Feb 18, 2019
    Dental user likes this.
    1. Advertisements

3. Dental user

Dental user

Thank you so much for your reply.
    I will check with the dentist next time when I go.

Dental user, Feb 18, 2019
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question